Gantt Chart – Sort Order and Multiple Predecessors

I bought the pro version of the Gantt Chart, and it has been frustrating trying to get MS Project data to show up correctly. I am aware that the preference is for it to be in Project Online as a source, however this is not an option, so I have an Excel export. After some initial challenges due to poor documentation, I have things showing up properly with two exceptions; Sort Order, and Multiple Predecessor links.

Sort order is defaulting to the task name, despite having Task ID associated to the ID column exported from Project. It ignores any sort order that I attempt to impose on the underlying table data, and there don’t appear to be any sort options in the visual. I would hate to have to resort to creating a combined column of ID and task name just to manage sorting.

As for the second issue, I have multiple predecessors in some cases, captured in a single column in typical Project fashion as comma separated values. Unfortunately the visual only seems to be able to identify the first entry, so I only get a single link.

Any help appreciated.

Chris

Answered question

I created a sort order too and sorted by this ID, but it still doesn’t appear in that order. I created one ID number for each workstream, and then another ID number for projects as I have some visuals where i want to see workstreams and some where i want to see chronological projects.  Neither seems to work even though I’m putting either ID type in the right field and then sorting by that?

Answered question
You are viewing 1 out of 2 answers, click here to view all answers.