Hi all, I have a report using the xViz Gantt chart, not using any of the PRO features. Sometime last week (of Sept. 14) we started receiving the “Upgrade to a Paid Version” message/popup. I believe there must have been an update to this visual or something as the report did not change, and to verify I created from scratch a new report with no PRO features and immediately the pop up noting PRO features is shown.
- Add xVix Gantt
- Add Task Name column
- Add Start and End Date column
- No formatting or any other changes made (e.g. no PRO features)
Pro Features popup immediately appears
This is 100% opposite of xViz’s stated alignment with PowerBI strategy (below).
Anyone else having this issue? THX
List of key changes:
- xViz Pro (fully featured) is now completely free with Microsoft Power BI Desktop, aligning fully with Microsoft’s Free Power BI Desktop strategy.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Our team has already fixed this case and we are expecting it to be approved and updated by Microsoft in the appsourse in a month.
Meanwhile, there is a workaround to disable the pop up when you are not using any pro feature.
>>Please turn off the ‘show in Parent’ option under Advanced editor –> Milestones tab to disable the pop up.
>>In case, if this option is not available for you, follow the below steps.
- Add another column under your task name (sub task)
2. Click on the Advanced editor –> Milestones tab to find the ‘show in Parent’ option and then turn it off.
3. Now, remove the other column (subtask) that was added in the ‘Task Name’ field