Currently the FY is set to start on OCT, however the years do not properly align, the years are behind.
I tried something yesterday after posting and things are a bit better with the layout today.
There is a screenshot attached and I’ve blocked out all of the names for company’s sake.
However, you can clearly see at least the date range is lining up better.
Prior to this attempt instead of 2019 at the beginning of the timeline it showed 2018!
As mentioned before none of the start dates in our database have 2018 in them at all!
Please note: This update isn’t perfect – but it’s much better than before!
At least the dates are lining up now – but when I try to shift the fiscal year start month to October – things still go ‘off the rails’ – I would consider that feature to still be buggy.
For example: If I set the fiscal year start to October – the entire timeline shifts again to put January 2018 back as the start-point – for now I’m leaving it to January. <shrug>
Steps I took:
I made sure I wasn’t logged in anywhere to the xviz site and went through the following link:
Goto the FREE section on the left and hit the ‘Get It Free’ button.
Pop in your Email and the Download will start.
The most recent copy that I received yesterday was:
Under the Visualizations section in PowerBI for xviz goto: Format –> Timeline
I set the following: Enable Top-Level in Timeline ‘On’, Enable Mid-Level in Timeline ‘On’, Enable Low-Level in Timeline ‘Off’.
I also went in to the ‘edit’ section on the report itself to ‘ZoomLevels’ and set:
Top Level = Year (1), Middle Level = Month (1), Bottom Level = Week (7)
*However, week is not shown due to turning that off in the Format section as mentioned before.
I hope this might come of some use to you and like you say – hopefully dev is OK and more updates are coming!
Greetings, I see your post and am experiencing the same exact issue!
The earliest date of any of our listed projects is Jan 07th 2019. However, the timeline above has 2018 listed as the start time.
I even attempted to filter out any items that had ‘blank’ as a start date – and even went as far as making a copy of the database and deleting them all to rule this out as an issue.
I’ve also toyed around with trying to manipulate the fiscal start as ours is also OCT to no success.
This visual for PowerBI seems to have a lot of potential but being unable to control basic items like a correct timeline make this a showstopper.