it is asking to upgrade to paid version

Solved311 views

I have created some linear guage visuals using the free version and shared it with my colleague. It is not showing up for them and asking to upgrade to pro version even though I used the free version to create it in the first place. Please help with this.

Question is closed for new answers.
Selected answer as best
Uploaded File - Download

Thank you for the clarification.

If you are using the visual from AppSource, then please note that our FREE Desktop Edition on AppSource has been recently prompting users to upgrade to a paid subscription. This error is due to a Power BI update. We regret the inconvenience caused.

While we are working on fixing the issue on priority:

• Kindly check out our 30-day one-time Enterprise Trial to experience xViz without any restrictions
  • You can download the BETA version of the visual from our website with the popup issue fixed

Note that our licensed versions are not impacted by this issue.

Selected answer as best

thank you for your help. When we try to run the beta file we are getting a pop up saying “unable to open document” and the path of the file and says does not have a valid file extension. Please let us know what to do.

If you are opening the .pbiviz file directly, then that will not work. Custom visual files need to be imported in the Power BI report. If you are using the free version of the visual, then please follow the steps here to import the .pbiviz file in your report – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/visuals/import-visual#import-a-visual-file-from-your-local-computer-into-power-bi

You are viewing 1 out of 2 answers, click here to view all answers.