I’m currently trying out your Gantt chart Power BI visualization and it seems to be the best solution currently available on the market. However, I have a couple of questions about the chart:
- There should be a button in the visualization to collapse/un-collapse all nodes. Currently, it is in the settings (under data grid) and not available to end user.
- Progress should not be mandatory. As my use case does not have progress, I just ended up creating a measure “Progress = 0” and using it.
- When using multiple levels of tasks (for example “Project” and “Task name” under section “Task Name”), it should be possible to bold the top level of task for better visualization.
- When using multiple levels of tasks (for example “Project” and “Task name” under section “Task Name”), it should be possible to change the indentation level of bottom level task for better visualization.
- The visualization does not save the selected zoom level when using the zoom button
- The visualization does not save the set column widths
Most of these that I listed are suggestions, but it should be a top priority to add saving of column widths and zoom levels to the visualization.
One year from when the question was posted, and #6 is still not fixed. I too am going through the Business Apps page: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps?product=power-bi-visuals
However, if you change pages of the report or close/open… or even hit refresh.. #6 always resets to some awful default column width. Is there any solution in the past 12 months? If not, I need to find a different Gantt / Timeline visual.