User as developer or viewer?

1.32K views

I’m exploring the pricing of your apps – the license fees are quoted as per “user”. Is a user someone develop and publish the power BI reports, or anyone who view the report. If the latter, how do you count the number of users? If the former, I assume a user would get a license when publishing some reports using  app?

Unselected an answer

Hello,

Here the user means both the developer and the viewer. Only the licensed users will be able to develop and view the chart.

Posted new comment

Thank you! Are these floating licenses or assigned to a person/device? Let’s say we probably will have 2-3 people doing development concurrently, and no more than 5 people viewing the charts at the same time. The organization may have 40 people who may view the charts once for a while. Do we need to have a license for every single person (majority won’t view the chart very frequently), or 10-20 would be sufficient? Also, are there any discount if we use more than one apps from you?

Hi,

My team is also planning to use xViz (Gantt Enterprise), with 1-3 report developers but 50 or so viewers (with no more than 10 concurrent viewers in the published Power BI dashboard).

As hlee followed-up with – are the licenses floating or assigned / allocated per user (e-mail)?

Thank you so much!

You are viewing 1 out of 2 answers, click here to view all answers.