Hi, I just want to ask about some of the limitations of the PBI xViz Hierarchical Filter (Pro) as I am being restricted from testing out some of the functionalities within PBI Desktop at the moment.
- Is there an option to single select say children categories instead of a parent category? E.g. Parent category (P) contains A, B and C. What I am looking for is a single select of the children categories (either A, B or C) and not single selecting P, which would instead give me A, B and C altogether.
- With the dropdown view, is there a way to make it such that only the child category is listed in the selection pane? E.g. Parent category (P) only contains A, so if I select A. It should display A in the selection pane, not P.
If you are facing any ‘upgrade to pro’ popup with the visual with the desktop version of our visual, then this is due to the recent Power BI desktop upgrade. While we are working on fixing the issue as a priority:
- Kindly check out our 30-day one-time Enterprise Trial to experience xViz without any restrictions
- You can download the BETA version of the visual from our website with the popup issue fixed
- Currently, we do not have the feature of providing single select within a parent only. We have added your request to our backlog for consideration in upcoming releases.
- Yes, the visual provides various options to display single children. Use the following option from the format pane.